Application for a Certificate to Go Abroad

The Procedures for obtaining a police certificate for going abroad are as follows:

If you have a certificate of resident registration of other Prefectures, you must apply at the police Headquarters in your residing area.
The application must be presented in person(no representatives are allowed).
Documents vary according to the country you are going to. Please contact the police headquarters in advance.
If you already applied at an embassy or a consulate abroad or other police headquarters.
Many documents required for application are updated daily, so please be sure to contact the police headquarters in advance.


Identification Division, Criminal Investigation Department

   4th Floor Mie Prefectural PoliceHeadquartersBuilding

   1-100 Sakae-machi, Tsu-city, Mie


Requirement for Application(original, not a copy):

       Passport (Please update if there is a change in name etc)

       A document issued by the government or other public agencies that shows your name and address: e.g. Residence Card, or Zairyu Card

       Revenue stamp of MiePrefecture (Mie-ken shunyu-shoshi) in the amount of 500yen (application fee)

       Documents certifying your voyage, such as an Application for Visa, documents published by an embassy demanding a police certificate, etc.

Office hours:

Monday-Friday(Closed on national holidays, and the year-end and New Year holidays)
  9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.

  1:00 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
※If you are planning to apply at year-end and new year, please contact in advance.
※It will take about 20 minutes before you finish this application.

Receipt of certificate:

 The certificate will be available in about two weeks from the day of your application.
 (It will take about three weeks if you apply immediately before the year-end and New Year  holidays or the so-called Golden Week.)

  A police clearance certificate will be issued directly to its applicant.(If you wish someone  else to pick up your certificate, please let us know when you appiy.)